Looking through the illustrations in catalogs and interior design magazines, many are surprised how harmonious an ordinary house paint color schemes for living rooms can look when properly designed. Everyone would like to live in such an environment, and the services of a specialist are expensive. But even in the absence of special education, you can create a special atmosphere if the style, shape, and interior house color schemes are used correctly. You will have to learn a few important rules in order to create an inimitable design that will look expensive and sophisticated at the lowest cost.
Especially the living room is a place where you can not only spend your free time and do your leisure time, but also meet guests. Unsurprisingly, the interior paint colors in it require special attention.
What is the first thing that catches your eye when a person enters the living room? Of course, this is the color of the walls and furniture. The selection of the color palette used in the arrangement of the room is a primary task.
At the same time, house interior color schemes of the living room walls along with the selection of furniture is a key factor in the formation of an individual design. Then a logical question arises: how to choose the color in the living room?
What is important to know about choosing interior house colors of living space?
In order to correctly choose a fashionable image, there is a special circle of colors, where shades are selected according to the principle of neighborhood or opposite, as in the photo. The same recommendations are also suitable for decorating an apartment, but they will not work if you ignore the specifics of the room. Without the right lighting and the background of the walls, the desired effect will not work.
The prevailing gamma of the spectrum in color schemes for houses interior is selected taking into account natural lighting:
- On the north side of the house, yellow and orange hues compensate for the lack of sunlight.
- The cold gamut of the spectrum in house paint colors interiors – blue, lilac, green tones – will help to visually make the southern living room or a bedroom more comfortable.
- Excessive lighting on the southwest side is absorbed by matte wall surfaces in dark shades.
- In the rooms on the east side, the sun quickly leaves, but it is compensated by the delicate beige and peach shades of the walls with jacquard wallpaper – a velvety pattern on a glossy base.
These rules will not only help you adjust the lighting but will also maximize overall comfort. This is no big deal if you choose the right background.
The rest of the decor is intended to complement and revive the color palette of the interior. It is recommended to renew the upholstery of old furniture if necessary
This simple work can be done independently or entrusted to specialists, the main thing is to choose the material of upholstery and curtains in the same range. They don’t have to be the same color as the walls, but they should be in harmony.
If the paint colors interior and all surfaces are monochromatic, it is worthwhile to revive the situation a little with colored textiles. For patterned wallpaper, it is better to choose monochromatic furniture of an elegant configuration, but stylistic correspondence and color balance are important.
Any shade, in addition to visual perception at the “like-dislike” level, has a powerful factor of influence on the subconscious. Psychologists attribute to each of the negative and positive properties that are important to consider when choosing a palette for house color inside.
Red – passion and aggression, these sides can be enhanced or muted at the expense of the intensity of the shade. This color is not recommended for hot-tempered and too active people who have problems with insomnia (due to overexcitation of the nervous system). A blue or green palette is recommended for them.
The too-bright color scheme for a house in the interior or individual accents tire, even if it is a favorite color, overloads the visual analyzers. But in the bedroom, a large picture with a flower bouquet will help you wake up faster and recharge yourself with a positive before the start of the day.
A graceful black and white outline of erotic content will help you tune in to spousal communication. And pictures of nature, sea elements or waterfalls will help you relax before bed.
The selected image should be in harmony with the overall combination of shades when choosing the house color scheme’s interior. It is desirable that there should be no more than 5-6 of them, where one is the background, the other is a harmonious contrast.
When it comes to choosing contrasting interior paint color schemes, black and white are not necessarily meant.
Great alternative paint colors for living room when they are paired:
- pink – burgundy;
- lilac – purple;
- beige – wenge (dark brown with tints);
- milk – chocolate;
- peach – emerald;
- blue “aquamarine” – deep blue.
How to choose the paint color schemes in the interior, if you need a lot of “free” space?
Alternatively, upholstered furniture should blend in with the color of the walls. Cabinet furniture is replaced with glass tables, shelves, or shelves. Some live greenery and an aquarium will liven up the “cold” room. Filling with positive energy.
White leather furniture (or artificial leather) looks luxurious against the background of light walls and floors with paint colors for living room decor.
Basic rules for choosing a color in house:
The background (walls, ceiling) is preferably light, and dark shades are compensated for with light furniture and textiles. The floors should be darker, psychologically it gives a feeling of stability and stability. Contrasts are intended to dilute the boring monochromatic atmosphere.
Companion colors provide a harmony of colors for interiors in any style. Bright accents are designed to draw attention to the functional area, set the mood, or emphasize the addictions of the owners.
Balanced gamma is provided by selecting one part of the spectrum. But also in contrasting shades, there is the presence of cold or warm shades:
“Fuchsia” can have a large proportion of pink or lilac, red, blue, or purple;
“Mint” – cold light green, light green, and anise are considered warmer shades, tone “green apple” – neutral.
Personal preferences are often embodied in the selection of house colors interior, but this should not be abused. If the spouse is against a pink or lilac bedroom, you can choose a gray-pink or blurred bluish-lilac background of curtains with white walls, adding indoor flowers of your favorite shade.
How is interior color schemes for houses selected for a certain style:
The choice of style should be dictated by personal comfort, and not by the picture you like, and it will not be possible to completely repeat the entire design.
Each style has its own “trump” of house interior colors:
Each style has its own “trump” color or palette:
- natural materials and living greens – ecological style;
- loft, urbanism – all shades of gray;
- kitsch and eclecticism accept a mixture of incongruous;
- classic – light pastel colors; vintage and retro – contrasting soft colors;
- in modern and postmodernism, burgundy, brown, and creamy shades are used;
- high-tech – metallic, silver, and chrome details with a contrast of bright plastic surfaces;
- Provence and Mediterranean style – blue, lavender, and olive in priority;
- the selection of colors in a minimalist interior is limited to light, discreet tones with minor contrasting accents;
- Arabic and some oriental styles – bright colors of textiles against the background of a natural palette of sand;
- ethnic styles take into account the age-old passions of indigenous peoples, but the priority is terracotta, wood, and natural colors;
- historical styles – light pastel shades with the inclusion of blue and gold accents;
- French grunge, shabby chic, and boho-chic combine well with a calm background and bright accents.
The general mood and sophistication of the furnishings depend on the selected paint color schemes for living rooms, regardless of the style. Guests judge the taste of the hosts by the palette in the decoration of the living room and hallway.
In the bathroom and toilet, a blue-blue “water” palette will be natural. But you can do something extravagant.
The kitchen is a comfort zone for the hostess, and only she can choose in which environment it will be more fun to cook food.
In the nursery, do not overdo it with bright colors, so as not to disturb the psyche of children.
The bedroom is a private space, you can choose your favorite color, but it should soothe before bed and give a feeling of security and safety.
Living room color schemes:
Zoning will be an excellent addition in choosing paint color schemes for living rooms to the overall design. In particular, the room should have its own seating area, where guests can sit on the sofa and spend their free time with pleasant conversations. How can the space of the living room color schemes be divided?
- An excellent solution would be to paint one of the walls in a bright and rich color. This contrast is especially visible in a room, the main shades of which will be beige, gray, white, and other light colors. The brightness of the object will visually divide the room into several zones;
- If you have a dark room, in which walls and other attributes are designed in brown, dark green, blue shades, a place for leisure can be highlighted by installing floor lamps, lamps, and lamps;
- If you dilute the monochromatic walls with several paintings or photographs, you will also be able to highlight a corner in the living room.
Decorating your space with paint color schemes for living rooms is an important design stage in any home, so the choice of wall color should be taken seriously.
Our advice: give preference to the colors that you like the most, and then see “how to do it.” So it will turn out to create a compromise option and satisfy not only your wishes but also create a successful version of the living room interior as a whole.