An original detail or "highlight" will help to make the interior of any room modern, bright and memorable. For example, glass bath tiles. It is used both as a decorative element of the interior and as an independent-facing material. Glossy mirror shine fills the space with light and makes the room more spacious.
Features of Glass Tiles
- Glazed mosaic tile is widely used to decorate various interiors of residential and public spaces.
- Glass is a versatile material that perfectly combines with tiles, wallpaper, plastic, metal, wood.
- Glass decor is the best solution for small spaces. To visually make the space more voluminous, it is enough to lay out the glass tiles in a checkerboard pattern or diagonally, to tile the wall opposite the window, to combine glass with ordinary tiles.
- Glass flooring tiles are an excellent material from a purely aesthetic point of view.
- Any interior decorated with such a stove looks more sophisticated, stylish, and modern. Glass can be transparent, frosted, colored, or decorated with a pattern.
- The glass plate has not only visual appeal but is also a very practical material.
- The glass used in interior design has sufficiently high strength, durability is not afraid of water, and does not require special care.
- Minimal glass ceramic tile cleaning - and the interior shines with pristine beauty again.
- Glass slabs are very hygienic, they are not susceptible to moisture or corrosion, excluding the appearance of mold or mildew.
- Mosaic glass tiles come in different shapes and sizes.
Using Tiles in the Bathroom
Glass cladding material can be a worthy alternative to the usual ceramic tiles. Mosaic tile shower floor decor can beautifully complement a ceramic panel as a baseboard. Glass mosaics can be used to frame mirrors. Can glass tile be used on the floor? Glass floor tile is not afraid of water, which is why such tiles are most often used in bathrooms or washrooms.
Another interesting option is the use of glass tile in the shower. Small sparkling tiles will perfectly fit into the interior, designed in white, black, beige, blue, red, blue, and any other color scheme. With the help of a mosaic, you can beautifully highlight some interior items, for example, furniture cabinets, mirrors, lamps. With the help of multi-colored mosaics, you can decorate a thematic panel, for example.
Glass tiles come in a variety of shapes and sizes. For example, the glass tile on the shower floor with a width of 1 to 5 cm and a length of 40 to 60 cm will help to decorate any bathroom in an interesting way. These stripes are combined with a classic matte or glossy ceramic tiles.
Types of Glass Tiles
Cutting sheet frosted glass, firing or tempering are the main methods that are used to make tiles. Let's get acquainted with the varieties of glass tiles.
The production process for this type of tile is called the firing method. The glass is pre-prepared: its edges are processed, the surface is covered with a layer of enamel, which must dry. Then the glass is baked. During firing, enamel and glass become a homogeneous mass. Such glass tiles are suitable for those who have problem walls. They can be easily hidden behind opaque enamel.
This type is made of frosted or frosted glass. The front side of such a tile can be perfectly smooth or corrugated. And the back is distinguished by irregularities that help better contact with the wall during installation. The colors can be monochromatic or marbled.
Manufacturing is similar to making enamel tiles. After firing, the glass is cooled to give it greater strength and the ability to withstand the influence of the external environment. Stemalite is a flat tile covered with enamel paint on the front side.
It has a high-temperature resistance, which is why it is often used for interior and exterior decoration of houses and bathrooms. This square tile differs from the previous types by the presence of a glassy-colored film on the front part.
These small squares are used for interior cladding or for creating mosaics and decorative panels. Mosaic tiles are designed to make a large, seamless picture from many small pieces. Are laid out by the piece.
Today we offer a wide range of glass tiles. Among the most popular sizes of square and rectangular slabs are:
- 75x150 mm.
It is convenient to glue a tile of this size, it looks harmonious, without getting too much out of the overall interior.
For the bathroom with glass tile, squares with dimensions of 65 x 65 and 100 x 100 mm are used.
For mosaics, even smaller tiles of 10x10, 20x20, 20x40, 30x30, 48x48 mm are taken.
There are also larger tiles. These materials are used both for the exterior decoration of the facade and for the decoration of window sills. Here the glass panels can also be larger.
Further, we will introduce you to penny floor pros cons:
Advantages of Glass Tiles
- Reflection. This is one of the main advantages of glass. Thanks to him, the tile makes the surrounding space brighter and more spacious. This point is very important when decorating, for example, a small or darkroom.
- Glass withstands temperature changes and high humidity well.That is why most often such tiles are used to decorate bathrooms, showers, or restrooms.
- Practicality. It is very easy to care for such a coating.It will be enough to wipe the stove with a damp sponge.
- Durability. Glass tiles retain their aesthetic properties, color, and pattern for many years of use.
- Resistance to aggressive agents.
- The huge assortment of textures, colors, and patterns.
- High aesthetic properties.Glass at any time remains a stylish, fashionable, and up-to-date finishing material.
- Excellent compatibility with any building and finishing materials.
- Possibility of using for interior and exterior decoration of premises.
Disadvantages of Glass Tiles
Among the disadvantages of this material and also the glass tile in shower problem, the most basic one can be distinguished: fragility. The slab can withstand significant mechanical shocks, but it will remain a rather fragile material.
Installing Tiles at Home
For clean and straight cuts, use a wet saw blade. Carbide-tipped nippers can gnaw the rounded edges of the tile. Always wear safety glasses when handling glass.
The best thin glass tile design adhesives are made up of two parts, a white powder, and a liquid latex additive. Mixed without water, these two components adhere tightly to the glass and form a homogeneous base. For grouting, use a non-sanded product reinforced with polymers.
The day before laying the tiles, prepare the wall with a thin layer of the mixture, applied with a straight-edged trowel. This layer hides the cement backing underneath and provides good adhesion. The next day, apply a fresh, smooth, thin layer with a spatula. Then, before laying each tile, “oil” it with a smooth layer of a thin layer of approximately the same thickness. While gluing the tile to the wall, turn it slightly so that the air can escape from it. Wait four or five days for the solution to set before applying the solution. Then, after grouting, wait another 36 hours before applying the sealant - on the grout line only - with a fine brush.
Examples in the Bathroom Interior
The classic design of the bathroom can be in blue and white colors. For the interior cladding, square and rectangular recycled glass tiles of various sizes and mosaics are used. Chrome accessories will make the interior of the room as harmonious and holistic as possible.
Your bathroom can be designed in light, light colors and decorated with glass mosaic wall tiles. This is a great solution even for the smallest space. Even if the size of your room is modest, the room is not crowded. Well-placed lamps make the room even more spacious and bright.
Transparent floor tiles, made in the form of brickwork, are in perfect harmony with any finishing materials. Small bricks not only visually expand the space but also look very interesting and unusual.
We believe that although the modern market offers a wide range of finishing materials. Plaster, plastic, tiles, wood, drywall, stone, paint, and wallpaper are just a few of the many choices. But you have already seen all this in the houses of friends and neighbors, but you want to be original. Glass tiles are the material that can add uniqueness and beauty to your bathroom.